Why not try this delicious carrot and lentil soup with a kick to help get things moving. Soup is easy to make and can be prepared in advance as well as frozen for a later date. Why not try www.bbc.goodfood/recipes were there are lots of delicious recipes for you to try
- 2 Tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g carrots
- 140g split lentils
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 125 ml milk
- Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas.
- Scoop out about half of the seeds with a spoon and set aside.
- Add the oil, carrot, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have swollen and softened.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth (or leave it chunky if you prefer).
- Season to taste and finish with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of the reserved toasted spices.
- Serve with warmed naan breads.