Recipe by Alison Clark BSc, Registered Dietitian, MBDA
This is a nourishing and colourful dish that is wonderful as a meal as it is nutritionally balanced with a good mixture of complex carbohydrate, omega-3 rich protein and vitamins and minerals from the low FODMAP fruit and vegetables.
Many people avoid curry due to unwanted side effects, however, this recipe is FODMAP friendly and avoids the ingredients which some people can be sensitive to. Serve with the naturally good-for-your gut rice.
- Combine all the spices, including the chillies or chilli powder and salt, together and fry in the oil on a low heat until the fragrance is released.
- In a bowl combine the cornflour and ground black pepper to coat the beef strips, set aside.
- Cook the meat in the spice mixture until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add in coconut milk and stir until heated through.
Use other meats or fish as per liking
Instead of coconut milk, add in passata 250mls (tinned tomatoes)
If you do not have access to garlic infused oil, use olive or rapeseed oil, but try adding asafoetida powder to flavour the dish
Use a red or green chili if you like extra spice!
Try different Low FODMAP friendly vegetables in the dish for variation